Research CoordinatorEmail Matthew
Matthew joined the team in June 2021 as a Research Coordinator, working on several neuromuscular disease clinical trials for Dr. Lochmüller.
Before joining the lab, Matthew coordinated a number of high-volume gastrointestinal cancer therapeutics trials at The Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre. Prior to this, he was part of the Epic health information system implementation (Project Fusion) for The Ottawa Hospital and Atlas Alliance hospitals, focusing on launching the Epic research module for Coordinators and Clinicians at the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute.
He has previously worked in magnetoencephalography functional neuroimaging research at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto on a number of research questions including developmental sensorimotor spatiotemporal dynamics, neurophysiological representation of bilingualism, PTSD and mTBI in Canadian Veterans, and cortical localization of motor and language function for pediatric neurosurgery candidates.
Read more about Matthew
- da Costa, L, Dunkley, BT, Bethune, A, Robertson, A, MacDonald, M, Pang, E et al.. Feasibility of Magnetoencephalography after Endovascular Treatment of Ruptured Intracranial Aneurysms. Front Neurol. 2016.7 163 PMID:27799919
- Doesburg, SM, Tingling, K, MacDonald, MJ, Pang, EW. Development of Network Synchronization Predicts Language Abilities. J Cogn Neurosci. 2016.28 (1)55-68 PMID:26401810
- Pang, EW, Valica, T, MacDonald, MJ, Taylor, MJ, Brian, J, Lerch, JP et al.. Abnormal Brain Dynamics Underlie Speech Production in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Autism Res. 2016.9 (2)249-61 PMID:26363154
- Todd, RM, MacDonald, MJ, Sedge, P, Robertson, A, Jetly, R, Taylor, MJ et al.. Soldiers With Posttraumatic Stress Disorder See a World Full of Threat: Magnetoencephalography Reveals Enhanced Tuning to Combat-Related Cues. Biol Psychiatry. 2015.78 (12)821-9 PMID:26094019
- da Costa, L, Robertson, A, Bethune, A, MacDonald, MJ, Shek, PN, Taylor, MJ et al.. Delayed and disorganised brain activation detected with magnetoencephalography after mild traumatic brain injury. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2015.86 (9)1008-15 PMID:25324505
- Pang, EW, Sedge, P, Grodecki, R, Robertson, A, MacDonald, MJ, Jetly, R et al.. Colour or shape: examination of neural processes underlying mental flexibility in posttraumatic stress disorder. Transl Psychiatry. 2014.4 (8)e421 PMID:25093599
- Yu, VY, MacDonald, MJ, Oh, A, Hua, GN, De Nil, LF, Pang, EW et al.. Age-related sex differences in language lateralization: A magnetoencephalography study in children. Dev Psychol. 2014.50 (9)2276-84 PMID:25069054
- Memarian, N, Ferrari, P, Macdonald, MJ, Cheyne, D, De Nil, LF, Pang, EW et al.. Cortical activity during speech and non-speech oromotor tasks: a magnetoencephalography (MEG) study. Neurosci Lett. 2012.527 (1)34-9 PMID:22926020
- Pang, EW, MacDonald, MJ. An MEG study of the spatiotemporal dynamics of bilingual verb generation. Brain Res. 2012.1467 56-66 PMID:22683360
- Gaetz, W, Macdonald, M, Cheyne, D, Snead, OC. Neuromagnetic imaging of movement-related cortical oscillations in children and adults: age predicts post-movement beta rebound. Neuroimage. 2010.51 (2)792-807 PMID:20116434